RE: accessible streaming

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:39:50 -0600
To: "Ralph Mazzitelli" <Ralph.Mazzitelli@uts.edu.au>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

We have created some tutorials on adding captioning to Quicktime, Real
Player and Microsoft Media Player.  These tutorial include SMIL examples.

Your (or anyone elses) comments on how useful you find the would be

At 11:06 PM 2/16/2004 +1100, you wrote:

>Can anyone tell me or lead me to a resource outlining what format I should
>have video in?
>Majority of a clients web users have Windows Media Player (>90%) but around
>20% Real Player and less Quicktime.
>Can WMP be played on Linux? Or are Real/Quicktime the leading options?
>Also, the notes on SMIL sounds interesting. But I am wondering if there are
>any examples out there. I don't know if anyone out there experiences the
>same thing, but W3C doco's are so much easier to understand when I have a
>good example to refer to simultaneously (my personal opinion)..

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/