RE: [OT] Re: grouping and bypassing links

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <andrew_kirkpatrick@wgbh.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:34:41 -0500
To: "'Charles McCathieNevile'" <charles@sidar.org>

> Yes, in Amaya you can navigate the document tree (up,
> next/previous, first child) directly. The current tree
> (actual element, parent, parent, parent...) is displayed in
> the status bar. In the structure view you can also move from
> element to element (the navigationn is synchronised, and you
> can hold the two views open at the same time to swap between them.

So is there benefit in using <map> in the case where <ul title="main
navigation"> is used for a navigation bar?  Seems redundant.  I'm not
confident that the semantics of <map> are so clearly defined as to justify
the use of <ol>/<ul> instead (where the semantics don't scream "navigation
bar" either, but in both cases the title attribute could be used to fill in
the purpose).

AWK