Re: Re: Site Map

On  6 Feb, Jesper Tverskov wrote:

> 10 years ago it was the notion that a site map could be a visual
> representation of how a web site was organized. Such a site map was
> thought to help us find our way making it easier to navigate. But the

  I'd make the claim that this concept not only exist today, but should
  exist, and be used. However, it might be that we are thinking of
  different things.

  A "site map", to me, is a representation - one way or another - of
  where to find what on a website. I like to compare it to the catalogue
  of a library.

  A "table of contents", on the other hand, is a document-specific
  representation listing what exists, and where, in this specific
  document.

  Both are -highly- useful, and well known to most people from other
  works of life.

> I don't remember ever having seen a useful implementation of the concept
> of a site map as a visual, even a 3D, representation of a web site.

  I see, daily, sitemaps implemented as nested lists describing
  hierarchial websites which I find very, VERY useful.

  The concept of a non-hiearchial website might need a different
  implementation, but I've not seen any of those.

   [+46] 0708 557 905