Re: ABBR and ACRONYM are for user agents not for end users

From: <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:23:15 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Jesper Tverskov in his article states:
> 1. The expansion can only be seen on the screen not when the document is
> printed.

I've used stylesheets to print the expansion of abbreviations in the past.
There's no reason why the expansion couldn't follow or replace and abbreviation
on screen or other media either.

Really, I don't really buy any of that article. The only point I agree with is
the first one (it's pretty undeniable that there is no <acronym> element in the
XHTML2.0 draft).

--
Jon Hanna
<http://www.hackcraft.net/>