RE: Flash vs Traditional Screen shot tutorials

From: John Colby <John.Colby@uce.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:04:42 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@sidar.org>, "John Colby" <John.Colby@uce.ac.uk>, "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@sidar.org]
Sent: 28 June 2004 10:01
To: John Colby; WAI-IG
Subject: Re: Flash vs Traditional Screen shot tutorials

Adding opinion...

Captioning things is something that is learned.

<snip />

 They do take some real effort and time to learn, and while I am
prepared to use my captions and descriptions in place of nothing, I would
rather have a professional do the job for me...

OK if you can afford professionals.

Not being deliberately cynical - we have a whole load of movies to make - and just need to learn how to do it - however badly at first.

John Colby
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information
Room F328a, Feeney Building, University of Central England,
Franchise Street, Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU
Tel: +44 (0) 121 331 6937, Fax +44 (0) 121 331 6281, Mobile: 07795 215 912