Guild of Accessible Web Designers web design competition

From: Jim Byrne <j.byrne@gcal.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:36:46 +0100
To: W3c_Access <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

As you may - or may not - know the Guild of Accessible Web Designers (GAWDS)
launched a few weeks ago - the press release is here:
http://www.gawds.org/press/launch.php

As part of the launch there is a competition to re-design the Guild website.
One of the aims of this competition is to show that a website can be both
accessible and great looking. Granted - the look of a website will be of no
concern to some members - but it is important for many people and does help
to undermine the myth that accessibility and good design are not compatible.

I would encourage list members to enter the competition; it is an
opportunity to show off your skills, win a prize, show your support for
Guild, and have your design adopted for the site for the next year.

The full details of the competition are here:
http://www.gawds.org/about/competition.php

All the best,
Jim

--
Your website can be beautiful and accessible.
Visit http://www.mcu.org.uk - and find out how.

Read my new, free, recommended eBook: 'Accessible Web Typography - an
introduction for web designers' at http://www.scotconnect.com/webtypography/