Re: "Blind for a Day"

Joe Clark wrote:

> Bloggeur tries out IBM Home Page Reader and shares tips. He should learn
> about verbosity settings, though.
>
> <http://www.mojombo.com/archives/000034.html>

One question.

He mentions the particular problem of punctuation marks being spoken if
they are outside the links. If these commas are inside the link, they
cause pauses. If they are outside the link, they are spoken as the word
"comma."

apples, bananas, and tomatos.

I've come across this problem before but left it due to the
recommendation for "non-link characters between adjacent links." My
assumption would be that this is a behavioral error in the reader. It
seems to me that, in both cases, the comma should cause a pause instead
of being spoken. Am I wrong?

Can the verbosity settings be specified this accurately? Does anyone
bother? What is the reason that it is not this way by default?

James

--
http://cookiecrook.com/