RE: Structure in Data-Tables

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:40:59 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Definitely forbidden:
> Tables!

Although I can't think of any instance off the top
of my had why I would want to have nested tables
(instead of, say, a complex data table), I'd be
interested to know why you consider them forbidden ?
If the whole thing linearises properly, and the nested
table is itself marked up properly, I'm not sure how it
would be problematic...

...although, thinking about it for a second, I'm not
sure what the behaviour of AT would then be with regards
to reading out relevant table headings, which may then
well be the answer to my initial question.

Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford