Structure in Data-Tables

From: Rudi Konar <rk@schneeball.at>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 17:35:30 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

We had a discussion recently about the nature of datatables.

The question is, which html-elements and which contents are allowed inside a
data-table, too keep it as accessible and as flexible as possible.

And: Should text- structure elements be allowed (p, li, ul, ol)

i would say yes!

Images?

yes, why not? Imagine a Data-table containing the list of employees

Headlines?

hmmm...

Definitely forbidden:

Tables!

Please give me feedback and your opinion!

Rudi Konar
http://www.schneeball.com