Re: WebMail Accessibility

From: Janet Russeau <russeau@misd.k12.mi.us>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 08:33:45 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 06:36 AM 5/5/2004 +1000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone recommend or comment on the accessibility and usability of these
>three web mail applications.
>
>NeoMail
>http://www.neocodesolutions.com/software/neomail/
>
>SquirrelMail
>http://www.squirrelmail.org/
>
>Horde
>http://www.horde.org/imp/
>
>They are used in so many places.  I use Horde occassionally, which is used
>by my current ISP.  I'm also interested in any type of feedback on these
>products, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Geoff

Our organization uses SquirrelMail for web-based access, and Eudora or
desktop access to email. The only accessibility that I've checked out is
the ability to TAB between elements on the screen, which it does nicely. It
is pretty straight-forward and user-friendly. Even our not-so-tech-savvy
staff have had very little difficulty using it.

Janet