Re: fixed font size

From: Steven Dale <sdale@stevendale.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:38:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Cc: <sdale@stevendale.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Joe Clark said:
>>    And isnt that what we are after here?  Accessibility?
>
> If you have a choice between a dog of a browser that doesn't work with
> pixel-sized fonts, found in real-world sites, and a newer browser that
> does (*and* has tabbed browsing, popup blocking, better standards
> compliance, and the like), why would you go with the dog?
>
> Now, if you *don't* have a choice, that's *different*. Let's just stop
> pretending that the Web equals IE for Windows.

I am NOT saying IE for Windows = WEB,  I am saying MOST use IE for Windows
to browse the web.  I think we NEED to write for the lowest common
deniminator.  If no one still uses program x, then we dont have to worry
about it, but if 1 person HAS to use program y, then it should be taken
into account.

>> Sounds to me like many so called experts on here want the prestige
>> without doing the work.
>
> I do quite a lot of work, thank you very much.

I know you do, I own a copy of your book, and that was why I was
dissappointed to see your comments.  But, I may have taken your obnoxious
attitude a bit too seriously here.  I did enjoy it while reading the book.

-brother Steve