RE: "link in new window debate"

From: Jon Gibbins <jon@nov5th.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:44:20 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

 > Surely creative people can come up with alternative ways of providing
 > the same type of functionality using alternative methods... (I've come
 > up with a few myself... interested parties should enquire off list).

As an alternative to opening a help pop-up, you could consider adding
any potentially helpful information to the page it relates to, thus
avoiding the need to use an extra window at all. If you don't want the
help there on the page all the time, you could provide newbie site
visitors with an option to include additional help with each page, or
have a link to a duplicate page with the help added to it. After all,
dynamic Web development is there to be abused. ;)

.j