Re: link in new window debate

From: David Murdoch <david.murdoch@clarifeye.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:29:52 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

>> Is it possible for a browser to detect the use of a screen reader? Or
>> other assistive technology?
>
>Not that we are aware of (except maybe HPR).  We generally avoid using
>browser detectors, and make sites universal to begin with.  An AT
>detector would be nice though.

Greg it should not be necessary, the whole point is that AT users get the
same information as a sighted/'normal' user, which can be accomplished using
the existing guidelines.

Out of curiosity I have noticed netscape mentioned a few times, does anyone
actually still use that? Personally I only check pages in IE (yeuch) Opera
(bleh) and Mozilla Firebird (yay) - ok I am a little biased :-P

David