French language accessibility list

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:00:54 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi all,

some good folks in France have set up a mailing list to function like
this does (at its best) - providing a forum for technical discussion
about accessibility, from very simple questions to exploring complex
unsolved issues, for people working in the area (whether as full-time
researchers or people who want to make their personal page more
accessible).

The biggest difference is that the discussion takes place in french.

For the moment the list is in a debugging phase (localisation of the
mailing list system, for example), so invitation is open to the brave
souls who want to help iron out the little quirks. I expect that in a
week or so the list will be ready for the (french-speaking) world, and
will send a further announcement then. But if any of those brave souls
who like testing things, and speak french, are lurking on this list,
please feel free to contact me and get in "on the ground floor". (No,
there aren't shares involved, you won't get rich out of this. Sorry,
we're just doing it because we hope it is useful...)

cheers

Chaals