Re: Old Age and Accessibility

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:50:54 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> the stakes were high as they were supposed to be managing online
> investments. I'm curious to know if they were as hesitant surfing other

In that application, even I, as an experienced web user, would be
nervous unless told right at the beginning exactly where the commit
point was in the dialogue.  (I find this a problem in e-shopping as
a whole, as one often has to take the dialogue a long way to find
out things like pricing a shipping options.)

Investment and airline booking are very high risk applications for
users, because they cannot cancel without incurring significant
costs, once they pass the commit point.