RE: [w3c-wai-ig] <none>

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: 29 Sep 2003 13:38:29 +0100
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Let the
> user agents deal with encoding and different languages.
> Putting text in
> images is merely holding back the progression of technologies
> that would
> fix this issue properly. I might be a progressive zealot but
> someone has
> to ;)

Maybe extreme, but I would liken this to the debacle about sending
XHTML1.1 as true application/xhtml+xml, regardless of possible issues with
browsers such as IE6...nice in principle, but maybe not the best
course of action in a real-world scenario...
imho, anyway ;)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford