Re: JAWS® for Windows for FREE? Lets give a try!

From: Tim Roberts <tim@wiseguysonly.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2003 11:49:56 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Matt May wrote:

> Instead of asking screen reader and voice browser vendors to give
> awaythe farm, why not ask them to create a Web-based service to
> emulatewhat their tool speaks to the user?

This is a much better idea. I use linux for development which is why
this JAWS petition is not exactly inspirational to me.

A web service would be cross platform and much more useful to a wider
range of developers.

Another alternative which I have mentioned previously is for companies
like Macromedia to work with JAWS to provide some kind of plugin to
their development products.

Tim