Re: JAWS® for Windows for FREE? Lets give a try!

From: Jean-Marie D'Amour <jmdamour@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:45:21 -0400
To: Tim Roberts <tim@wiseguysonly.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi,

It not suffice to have the output of JAWS, some situations like data tables
need an interaction of the user. A linear reading of a table is not like
navigate between cells with row and column reading. You need a special
output for data tables with the association between header cells and data
cells.

Jean-Marie D'Amour

A 05:49 2003-08-30, Tim Roberts a écrit :

>Matt May wrote:
> >
> > Instead of asking screen reader and voice browser vendors to give
> > awaythe farm, why not ask them to create a Web-based service to
> > emulatewhat their tool speaks to the user?
>
>This is a much better idea. I use linux for development which is why
>this JAWS petition is not exactly inspirational to me.
>
>A web service would be cross platform and much more useful to a wider
>range of developers.
>
>Another alternative which I have mentioned previously is for companies
>like Macromedia to work with JAWS to provide some kind of plugin to
>their development products.
>
>Tim

Jean-Marie D'Amour