(unknown charset) Re: Accessible Web design for the deaf: NOT

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Section 508.US wrote:

and while I don't condone this action the site is designed to allow deaf
folks to chat using sign language without text.  so how would you suggest
this work..???  an "alt" of sign to text??

Bob

> As usual, a disability organization that don't give a flip about
> accessibility........
> pegglegg
>
> ##############################################
> Michael Van Randen
> Web Accessibility and Usability Consultant
> 1236 Greystone Lane
> Pensacola Florida, 32514
> 850-206-4715
> tagi11@cox.net
>
> "Counting users on the Internet is like counting the number
>  of people using wheelchairs who are inside an inaccessible
>  building.  It was once thought that since no wheelchair users
>  were in the building, ramps were not needed. "
> UNDERSTANDING THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
>  Copyright  1999-2003 Cynthia D. Waddell JD
> Executive Director of ICDRI
> http://www.icdri.org/CynthiaW/the_digital_divide.htm
>
> Access not exclusion

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net