RE: Possible problem with Fahrner Image Replacement

From: Lauke PH <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:53:24 +0100
To: "Mike Rundle" <phark@phark.net>, "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Apologies for barging in late on this, but I've been on holiday...
One thing that struck me in this discussion was Mike Rundle's comment

> if you set the color of text to
> transparent, the browser usually renders the color as the "default
> color" for that type of text

What do you mean exactly by "set the color of text to transparent" ?
If you're referring to a CSS similar to color: transparent, I would like
to ask how supported this is, as - unless I'm misreading the W3C spec -
"transparent" can only be used for background, and not for color.

Incidentally, what happens if display: none (which causes the problem
in FIR) is changed to display: hidden ? Hmm...may have to do some testing...

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk