Re: Menus, navigation, and simplicity (Perhaps slightly off-topic)

From: Isofarro <w3evangelism@faqportal.uklinux.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:40:25 +0100
To: "Kevin A Sesock" <sesock@okstate.edu>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

From: Kevin A Sesock
To: tina@greytower.net

>>   That's what off-line pre-processors are for, in my less than humble
>>   opinion. A system such as Orb, Wmake, or the Dolt to mention but a
>>   few are meant to run on an author's machine and basically work like
>>   an automated template system. You, the author, define for instance:
>>
>>     "I want THIS file with a menu included on all pages"

>This would work well. I did a bit of googling for these, however, and found
out
> that the word "Dolt" is fairly commonly referenced on Google. Hmmm...

The Dolt is written by David Dorward who is a regular contributor here.
The URL: http://david.us-lot.org/software-dolt.php

The other alternative is PPWizard
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~dbareis/ppwizard.htm

> Of course, I am aware I could create a Perl script, or something to the
effect,

If you do want to go down the customised tool route, then consider make
based systems like make and Ant - these should make a good foundation for
such tools.

Mike