Re: opening new windows

From: Bill Mason <w3c@accessibleinter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:46:41 -0700
To: "William R Williams" <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 08:57 AM 7/10/2003, William R Williams wrote:
>Is this to say that the "Perfect Pop-up," as reflected in the "Pop-up
>Window Generator," is problematic? This generator, which is impressive to
>me, is online at:
>
>http://www.accessify.com/tools-and-wizards/pop-up-window-generator.asp

That's fine in the sense of "this will help you build popup links that
don't break if JavaScript is off".

It's not fine in the sense of "if I don't want new windows to popup, you
are forcing me to disable my JavaScript to prevent it" or "my UA blocks
popups, so by assuming I have popups the site is broken for me" or the like.

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
w3c@accessibleinter.net
http://www.accessibleinter.net/