Re: divs and screen readers

Hi

I've been replying privately to people with the url because this site is
under development, and I'm a bit wary of unleashing the full force of this
list (scary thought) on something that is trying (but has by no means yet
fully succeeded) to get it right.

But that is cowardly.  So (Deep breath) here is the url of the development
site.

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/site01.cfm?request=a600

Yes, I know there is some nasty javascript rollovers which are soon going to
be replaced by css controlled text ones. Also, part of the deal is that it
is written using Brighton & Hove Council's cf based web authoring tool,
which is fine, but it puts some of the code out of the developers' hands and
generates some really spaced out and weird looking code.

But please, please, please, if anyone has anything to report on how screen
readers interpret this - if they get the same problems the testers have been
experiencing - please get back to me.

With deep gratitude

Julia