Re: GIFs

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:56:16 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Are there any accessibility tools out there that check the GIFs for you and
> eliminate the ones that obviously aren't animated?

Non-animated GIFs flicker as well.  If you have alternating dark and light
pixel rows (which is more common than you might think) and you view the
image on an interlaced display (my monitor is over 10 years old - it still
works, so there is no point in sending it to ground fill) you get a half
scan rate flicker.  This is very distracting, although it may be too
fast to be an epilepsy trigger.