From: Julia Collins <julia@we3.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:24:26 +0000
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I have been working on a site and have been testing it with a group of
people using screen readers.  I ran it past HAL and, although I have
followed w3c guidelines and set the site up using divs and css (and they
fail gracefully so read logically when style sheets are turned off) and not
a table in sight, the reader still reads the content line by line, left to
right across the whole screen, not reading down through the div.  (it is
visually arranged in three columns, using divs).

Any ideas what's happening here?

Julia Collins