Web accessibility in the news

From: Isofarro <w3evangelism@faqportal.uklinux.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:27:03 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I had a trawl through Google News earlier looking specifically for
accessibility related news ( I've documented most of them in my blog:
http://www.isolani.co.uk/blog/access.html ), but two in particular caught my

51 : "Disabled Web-users flex their muscles" -- a positive story about
businesses using accessibility as a competitive advantage (non-web)
* http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/2/prweb57151.php "Want Your Share of
$175 Billion?" -- the US version with PR spin.

Both articles highlight the point: "If the legal imperative doesn't scare
companies into compliance, sheer greed might."