Re: UK Advertising Standards Authority bans spam, pop ups & junk text-messages, well tries to: worth a read

From: Andy Heath <a.k.heath@shu.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:53:54 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Well not that this is worth debating, but I followed the links
Jonathan gives and can find nothing remotely resembling
the subject described.  I *can* find stuff about bringing
unsolicited text messages, pop-ups, email etc. within
the kind of processes for acceptable content that other
advertisements come under but its a big step to say that
the mechanism of enforcement would be bans on these at
a technologically enforceable level which is my best guess
at the implcations Jonathan is hinting at.  Is this info somewhere
near the end of those hyperlinks and I just can't see it?

> http://www.asa.org.uk/tours/new_media/html/index.html btw this is a pop
> up link from the advertising standards authority homepage
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2816971.stm
> Jonathan

Andy Heath
Sheffield Hallam University