What accesskeys are there? Re: Opera 7 supports ACCESSKEY

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:16:12 +1100
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: Sander Tekelenburg <tekelenb@euronet.nl>

The point is that the browser should show what accesskeys are available
- especially since the browser may map the keys to other ones, or do
something different.

I like sites that say somewhere on the page what they have done,
including setting up accesskey. I don't like sites that claim I can
follow a link that has an accesskey by pressing alt, the key, then
enter - most browsers I use don't work like that, including IE for the
Mac.

There are a number of strategies possible. The user might not care or
want to know, or they might like to have a bar like the links bar of
favourites bar in some browsers, they might like a visual marker in the
page like iCab does, or a list in a window.

Cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile           charles@sidar.org