RE: empty metadata elements

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:05:16 +0000 (GMT)
To: "Scarlett Julian (ED)" <Julian.Scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Scarlett Julian (ED) wrote:

> LOL - oops <sheepish look />
> Of course there is no document that defines the accessibility element.

There is EARL, that defines a vocabulary for accessibility reporting.

> There is a DC working group looking at the potential use of metadata in
> accessibility and it's an element in the e-Govt Metadata
> Standard(e-GMS) but I'm so used to putting "DC." in front of my element
> names that somehow that one inexplicably slipped through the usual rigid
> control I have over my keyboard ;P

Wouldn't <link rel="accessibility" href="accessibility-report.rdf">
be altogether more suitable?  <meta name="accessibility"
content="http://www.example.org/accessibility-report.rdf"> lacks
semantics.

accessibility-report.rdf should of course be an AccessValet report,
though it could perhaps also come from AN Other tool.

--
Nick Kew