Re: Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace

John Foliot - bytown internet wrote:
> why not mark them up as list content then and style the list as required?
>   link 1
>   link 2
>   link 3
>   link 4
> ...looks like a list to me...

This is how it was first done, but one problem exists. The page I used
as
an example, has a main navigation bar at the top. Depending on which
item yoo
select from it a new page shows along with a set of links in a windows
alike
box on the left. When a user selects a link from this list another
window alike
box with appears under it along with new page contents. This can go on
very deep
for some of the pages.

It was decided that for browsers incapable of showing these 'windows'
through CSS
they should be rendered as pagragraphs containing a title and links.

At the bottom I have compiled an exmaple of how the page contents gows,
first
the CSS version secondly the non CSS version.

As I said before the peoblem I found with HPR is that it doesnot regard
the
commas between the links because they're hided by CSS. It doesn't pause
after
blocks, or at line breaks or what ever. When using a list (and leaving
the bullets)
it pauses and reads the bullets, I'm afraid that when hiding the bullets
using CSS
they will not be read and I even suspect the pauses being supressed. But
this is
pure speculation. Also I didn't get the Aural CSS to work with HPR.

Christian

		About  [Projects]  Resources  Education  Support

Projects		Address election
  [A340 Simulator]	-----------------
  Some project
  another project	The page contents go here
  and so on

A340 Simulator
  Overview
  [Design]
  Usability

Design
  Mockup
  [Electronics]
  Software

Electronics
  [Interface bus]
  Knobs
  Gauges
  Displays

Interface bus
  Specifications
  Design
  [Components]
  Electrical

Components
  Hosts
  Nodes
  Junctions
  [Bridges]

Bridges
  BFX to BFX
  BFX to RS343
  RFS to parrallel
  [BFX to USB]
  BFX to Ethernet

BFX to USB
  Design
  [Addressing]
  Implications

Addressing
  [Address Election]
  Resolving
  Name spaces

  About, Projects, Resources, Education, Support

  Projects: A340 Simulator, Some project, another project, and so on
  A340 Simulator: Overview, Design, Usability,
  Design: Mockup, Electronics, Software
  Electronics: Interface bus, Knobs, Gauges,Displays
  Interface bus: Specifications, Design, Components, Electrical
  Components: Hosts, Nodes, Junctions, Bridges
  Bridges: BFX to BFX, BFX to RS343, RFS to parrallel, BFX to USB, BFX
to Ethernet
  BFX to USB: Design, Addressing, Implications
  Addressing: Address Election, Resolving, Name spaces

Address Election

  The page contents go here