Re: User agent support of SUMMARY attribute in tables

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:43:59 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

>it has been stated on this list that hpr also honors the summary attrib
and
>also that window eyes either does or will.

Yes HPR supports the summary attribute, but it does not speak the summary
every time when encountering a table.  [nor should it in my opinion].  It
will speak the summary, for example, when asking "where am I", with the
alt+F1 key when in a table that has a summary attribute.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,  IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
http://www.ibm.com/able