Re: tooltip onfocus

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 06:37:17 +0000
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>

Chaals,

Do you appreciate that keyboard users currently cannot get access to
abbreviation and acronym information. It's not just image links without
labels that would benefit*. Are you suggesting SVG is a solution to all
3 of these, that sounds like evangelism gone mad.

How are UA designers to become aware of these type of issues, if we
leave it to them?

thanks

Jonathan

*I had not realised that tooltip onmouseover is not a w3c standard for
visual browsers, though was aware that opera behaved somewhat
differently to others... Surely there is or should be some comment
regarding provision of access to alt and title content.