Javascript Image Roll-over

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:42:29 +1030
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

I'd like to know people's feelings on the subject of image roll-overs in
documents.

I can't really see that there would be an accessibility issue here
because any information that would need to be conveyed would be in the
alt or longdesc attribute of the img element in question.

I can see a problem if a roll-over were used for anything other than
"eye-candy", where the information presented actually changed, rather
than just changing format.

However, what's bugging me is the need to provide an alternative
handler; is this really necessary when the function itself doesn't
actually do anything worthwhile?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
IT Consultant - KBC, South Australia