Metadata and Checkpoint 13.2

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:56:10 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

Can anyone give me an indication of what metadata is actually essential
for accessibility as opposed to merely desirable?  (Checkpoint 13.2 -
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-TECHS/#tech-use-metadata )

As regards the actual format, should I use Dublin Core?  I've had a look
over RDF ( http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/ ) which looks great if
one is working in pure XML, which I'm not.  (I am using XHTML, but
served as text/html for compatibility with XML-unaware browsers.)

My current application is a community directory (
http://www.community-connect.net ); all pages are generated on-the-fly.
  Should I on, say, the search page, produce the same metadata whether I
am displaying the default page, a shortlist or the final record, or
should I produce different metadata for each?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia