WCAG Checkpoint 5.3

From: Pablo Enríquez <lurgee92@yahoo.es>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:39:11 +0200 (CEST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi,

I've got phew questions about WCAG Checkpoint 5.3:

"5.3 Do not use tables for layout unless the table
makes sense when linearized. Otherwise, if the table
does not make sense, provide an alternative equivalent
(which may be a linearized version). [Priority 2]"

I've read this and WAI Techniques many times and I
think the majority of tables on the web are readable
and understandable line by line. I believe this
checkpoint don´t forbid table layout for AA at all.
What's more, possibly the checkpoint promotes nested
tables.

What do you think about it?

Thank You.

Pablo Enríquez.