Re: Relative Font Size

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:41:09 +0200
Cc: <yoan.simonian@snv.jussieu.fr>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: Julia Collins <julia@we3.co.uk>

This shows the problem with small, medium, etc - "very large" is a
really unreliable number. At the moment I am working mostly on 20pt
fonts (having lost my glasses), and they seem small and hard to read
(but I struggle away because I like having a scannable screen -
comfortable would be about 30pt.

My experience has been that em and percentage do this a bit better -
the other thing is that at larger base sizes I want to reduce the size
difference - the gap between 36 and 42 pt is much easier to see than
the gap between 10 and 12 pt, although it is a smaller percentage
difference. When I get a CSS-3 capable browser I will be a happy camper.

cheers

Chaals