Re: Skip Nav (was RE: "Think EUO, not SEO"/Google)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:56:44 +0200
Cc: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>

I think the value in aural CSS is precisely that it would allow people
to customise the presentation without having to worry which screen
reader they were using at the time - in the same way that CSS allows
authors to get reasonably reliable presentation across a variety of
browsers.

It is true that browser develpers haven't done a very good job of
implementing CSS until now (if they were building aeroplanes I would
travel by boat, but a friend of mine who teaches aero engineering does
that). But for many straightforward things CSS is now the easiest and
most transportable way to customise presentation and think that most
people will get a similar experience.

Cheers

Chaals