Re: Accesskey consensus

From: Tomas Caspers <tomas@tomascaspers.de>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:57:19 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hoffman, Geoffrey wrote:

> I added some of my own research to the above blog...
> couldn't find a list of 'reserved access keys' so I created one.

German accessibility evangelist Jan Hellbusch has a short list of
accesskeys used by various browsers at:
http://www.barrierefreies-webdesign.de/knowhow/tastatur/empfehlung.htm

His findings were that the only characters which weren't used in the
most common browsers  were c, j and t. Note that he only covers Win98,
so the list of "free" keys might even get shorter when you start looking
at other OS's and UA's.

HTH

/Tomas Caspers

--