Re: window.print ()

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 07:10:53 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> The reason that CTRL-P or print using the browser is not appropriate is
> that our users have severe learning difficulties, so this would be the
> way to introduce them to the print graphic and its purpose. we do

That only works in two contexts:

1) they only site on which they ever want to use the print function is
   your site; or
2) your web page isn't really a web page but is really a special purpose
   browser.

In other cases, in content print buttons create a more difficult cognitive
problem because people have to understand a much deeper abstraction of a
print button to be able to find it on a page regardless of how the
designer chose to present it, rather than learning just once how to use
their browser's standard print function.