RE: WCAG versus Bobby for site review?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 15:16:47 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> 1. no, | is often used, this is not a bug.
[was in reply to]
> > 1. "Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace." is flagged
> > with adjacent anchor tags even if they are not both links. I believe
> > this is a Bobby bug and not an accessibility problem. Would you agree?

I think he means the use of <a name="someToken"> for use by older browsers
that don't use the ID attribute. As such it isn't a link, so I don't see any
issues with this being separated by whitespace alone. If Bobby is counting a
<a> element without a href as a link then I'd say it is a bug.