screen reader testing

From: Alexander, Dan <Dan.Alexander@mdx.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:13:20 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I've noticed a lot of differences between screen readers in the way they
read the content. This makes for a particularly troublesome problem in
testing because, not only are we testing for browser compatability but also
screen reader compatability. I was wondering if there has been any market
research done as to which screen reader is the most commonly used? Which is
the best to test on?

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Dan Alexander