Re: screen reader testing

Dan,

In order for your testing to be complete, you will want to take into
account all screen readers available who claim support for web
accessibility, regardless of the resources that may consume. Otherwise, you
will not be providing a fair and accurate representation of the available
market to your clients.

In addition to that, software vendors are always updating their products,
enhancing and updating where necessary. Take Window-Eyes for example. The
latest version, Widow-Eyes 4.211, does not support many of the UA
guidelines, whereas Window-Eyes 4.5 (coming soon) will support the majority
of the UA guidelines (check out the Window-Eyes 4.5 link at
www.gwmicro.com/csun2003 for a detailed list).

As you can hopefully see, limiting your testing to one application will
probably end up creating more work for you, if you want to be fair and
accurate.

Aaron

--
To insure that you receive proper support, please include all
past correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608