Re: Anyone know of videos available to explain low vision web accessibility issues?

At 09:16 AM 2003-04-09, Alice Anderson wrote:
>Is anyone aware of any videos in existence that explain issues
>or barriers to accessing web or e-resources  that people with low vision
>experience?
>
>We've developed a couple of videos intended to illustrate issues that
>blind web users
>face:
>http://www.doit.wisc.edu/accessibility/video/index.asp
>"Introduction to the Screen Reader" and
>"Screen Readers and the Web"
>
>  and are looking at developing a similar resource that looks at low
> vision issues,
>but do not want to replicate what may already be in existence.

Check out the videos from Fresno state.  Highly recommended by Patrick Douglas
Crispen, the driver of the Internet Tourbus.

TOURBUS Archives -- March 2003, week 4 (#2)

Make sure you have had a chance to review the second, longer one before you
launch on developing something in this space.

And it's great that you are interested in pursuing this.  The problems and
solutions are different enough so that anyone in a position to do anything
about the accessibility of information products (by which I mean web pages,
infrastructure services, etc.) should have a rudimentary grasp of the ways
that they are different.

Al

Thanks to Kelly Ford for passing along the Tourbus issue where this is
discussed.