CSS line-height frustrates font size overrides

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 22:57:37 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

A problem I'm beginning to notice is that people are using pixel
values for line-height, based on their under sized fonts.  That
means that if one disables font sizes in IE, to get round the
undersized fonts (something I've had permanently set for a few months
now), the vertical spacing becomes so low as to make the text
difficult to read, or even becomes negative.  You are then forced
to choose between font size and line height problems.

I'm not sure what the user agent rules say, but I think user agents
should consider line-height to be in the same category as font-size,
when disabling the latter.  Authors shouldn't, of course, use such
absolute sizes.