Re: Question around WCAG 1.0

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:38:38 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

[ wrapping repaired ]
> For example, I am looking at the home page, I've chosen to view the
* site in Spanish and I go to the news section. Once in the news section I
* choose to view an article that hasn't been translated into Spanish yet,
* thus see an English article in a Spanish page. Does this English article
* need to be tagged with the "lang" attribute to specify it as English?

Yes, but the HTTP level language is Spanish and only Spanish, as the
page is not designed for use by English speakers.