Re: testing aural style sheet properties

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:08:23 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Does anyone know of a speech reading (TTS) browser that supports CSS2's =
> aural properties, (ideally free to download, and Windows 98 compatible =
> on a PC platform)?

I don't think one exists.  It would be of very little use in the real world.

There are two purposes for AT:

1) to allow the user to access real world web sites, which are never
   authored for aural style sheets;
2) to allow their employers to meet disability employment legislation
   with as little change to their intranet as possible.

Particularly in meeting (1) the only practical solution is to use
the market leader browser to do most of the work.