Re: Click here

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:15:54 -0400
To: "Patrick Burke" <burke@ucla.edu>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

amen to that.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Burke" <burke@ucla.edu>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: Click here

At 02:26 AM 8/9/2002, David Dorward wrote:
> > It's a bad habit of some coworkers who don't want to think about link
> > text so they always use "click here".  I need truly excellent reasons
> > to show them the light.
It's just lazy writing, isn't it? It uses a stock phrase instead of
describing why a person should follow the link, or what will happen if they
do. Any good copy editor would veto it, at least on most worlds in this
star cluster.

But I give "click here" points for brevity over phrases like "activate this
hypertext anchor".

Patrick