RE: non-sgml characters

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:53:13 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> > >      I too have been looking for a standard set of icons.
> > > Additionally, though, since I am blind I am really looking for a
> > > table that would be like:
> >
> > Are http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-lat1.ent
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-symbol.ent
> > and http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-special.ent readable to you?
>

> NO
>
> Bob

If I was to build such a table is there somewhere suitable it could be
hosted?

I'll build something like this and stick it up somewhere I have access to
while I check that what I build can be read by those who are looking for it,
but I can't give any promises of permanence.

BTW - does anyone know of any browsers in current use that can't handle the
UTF-8 encoding?