Re: accessible sites in i-mode

At 05:39 AM 2002-07-13, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
>Probably further discussion should be moved to www-mobile@w3.org or
>somewhere else.

Moving the thread to a more focused, deliverable-oriented context is OK if we
a) identify the dependencies and
b) define a responsible party [probably an organizational unit, not an individual] and
report-back mechanism to make whatever happens be accountable to this
community where there is clearly an interest.

<explore
axis="dependencies">

a) this issue comes up for Tiny devices used in Mobile situations
b) this issue comes up for people in situations where literacy cannot be assumed
[examples range widely, including dyslexia and polyglot user communities]
c) we need one, or as compact as possible, a plan for how to do this to gain deployment

You only need to compare the role of
1) neo-ideographs such as Bliss symbols in accessibility with the role of
2) neo-ideographs such as iMode emoji in device independence with the role of
3) neo-ideographs such as the international standard fabric care symbols in i18n
 http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1997/9707/carepcon.htm

to see we have a common interest.

<conclusion>

<dependencies>
<stakeholder>Mobile</stakeholder>
<stakeholder>Internationalization</stakeholder>
<stakeholder>Accessibility</stakeholder>
</dependencies>

</conclusion>
</explore>

Just as HTML has been exploring schema annotations as a way of capturing role information
in linkage indications, the XAG contemplates dialect-coiners using this or some
equivalent facilitation solution to bind sense to grammars more generally.

 http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/XLink.html
 http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/XML/

In the Mobile theater of operation we will have the greatest cost per character and the
greatest pressure to use private characters where a syntactic XML element [or other recognizable pattern] should be used.

Let me float this to the Hypertext Coordination Group to learn who should take the
role of Office of Primary [or currently next] Responsibility (OPR) for this issue.

Al