Re: accessible sites in i-mode

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 18:39:34 +0900 (JST)
To: sub@shanx.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

"Shashank Tripathi" <sub@shanx.com> wrote:

> I have no idea what works in German i-mode devices..any idea where the
> difference lies? Does the specificaiton there consist only of standard
> cHTML tags?

I happened to find English documentation (only available in PDF) from
the Dutch i-mode site, at:

    http://www.imode.nl/imode/0,1302,2X1046,00.html

Looks like what is used in Europe is so-called i-mode HTML version 2.0,
while the latest version used in Japan is version 4.0.  The major
difference with i-mode HTML 2.0 used in Japan is those emoji mapping,
and support for numeric charcter references like &#8364; for the Euro
symbol.

Probably further discussion should be moved to www-mobile@w3.org or
somewhere else.

Regards,